So, we’ve taken things inside now, as you know from last time. The inside of your VIC is where your guests will spend most of their time. Last week we spoke about internal signage and the importance of making it creative and to stimulate the senses.
Now, we’re going to discuss brochures, walls and shelves. Let’s get started.
Brochure stock will become discerning & reduced
As we move forward, there will be less of a need for brochures. Instead, VIC’s will work with operators, suppliers and producers to create other means of promotion and revenue raising.
To reinforce the offerings of the individual region, we suggest each VIC design their own unique brochures that make suggestions of how to make best use of time in the region. Brochure stocking is no longer a one-size-fit-all approach. There’s an opportunity to get distinct and really capture your guests.
Brochure content will focus more on regional experiences that are complimentary and focus on both the product/producer and service where relevant.
Convey your region creativity, through imaginative tactics
VIC’s of the future will use a range of interactive and informative signage to raise guest awareness and interest in the near future. Walls and shelves are key space to make the most of.
The methods include:
- Shelf talkers to accompany product which highlights the benefits and unique points of difference
- Wall decals and audio visual to convey local legends and experiences
- Wall decals outlining the history of the region and its relevance today in terms of key experiences and product offering
- Walls and floor decals outlining suggestions of experiences based on interest or time in the region
- Walls or floor decals highlighting quirky facts that can be linked back into regional experiences and bookings and help move people through the space.
Relying solely on staff and volunteers to interact with guests is no longer enough. VICs will use a variety of tactics to generate interest. We’ll talk more about how to create a more unique and relevant product mix. The main idea is to really utilise everything your region has to offer – locally made products, local identities, local everything.
We’ll be back soon! And if you love what you’re reading, be sure to learn more about us. At Kiikstart, we’re dedicated to helping people have more choice, influence and control about how they live, work and learn.
If you’d like to hear more about what we do, contact us today on 0428 593 400 or firstname.lastname@example.org.